The part that caught my attention was the vision board
concept. If you can visualize it and believe you already own it, it is yours.
“That is bananas”, I thought. But, I decided to give it a try anyway. What do I
have to lose, right? First thing I did when I got home was create a vision
board, and I filled it with things that a 23 year old would… A shiny red
Mercedes, pictures of money, trips, clothing, etc. I also filled it with quotes
that were meaningful to me, i.e.; The Noble Eight Fold Path, quotes from the
bible, and things that made me remember… “Hey, even if you do get all this cool
stuff, never forget about what really counts. Never forget to be thankful”. I
put it in a conspicuous place that I would see it every day no matter what. I
looked at it for a while that day, and when I didn’t have wads of money falling
from the sky, I became a bit skeptical.
I worked on my attitude over the next few weeks and
something magical happened. My appointment book at the salon gradually started
becoming more and more full. I live in an extremely tourist area and summer is
the “off season” when business usually suffers, on top of that I am a recent
graduate, I haven’t even been in the business for a full year. It’s not easy
building a clientele under these circumstances and during a recession, but I
did it. I am now at a point where I am almost completely booked at any given
time during the off season. My clients are having to work around my schedule to
get themselves an appointment with me. Furthermore, I truly enjoy driving my
brand new shiny Mercedes-Benz to work every day. I have been on a cruise and
back to Vegas since then, and this time, it was for pleasure, not work. I wear
the latest designer clothes and shoes to match. I am now living the life I
always dreamed of, but in the back of my mind I thought it wasn’t attainable.
Now I KNOW it is attainable. There came a point where I didn’t know what else
to add to my vision board, as everything I wanted, I already possessed. I still
have my vision board, only today it's filled with pictures of family and quotes
about friendship, and happiness, you know, the things that REALLY matter.
You may have noticed that in the beginning of my story I mentioned
I picked this book up in April of 2010. Today is August 4, 2010. In four
months, I have achieved things I had been wanting for years! I just was going
about it all wrong. I live my life based on the Universal Law of Attraction. I
base all my decisions on honesty and truth, knowing that in doing so, I will
get honesty and truth in return. There is never a day that goes by that I do
not give thanks for everything I have. I have since read all of the recommended
books mentioned in this website. I can truly say this book has changed my life,
and I am so happy it did!
No comments:
Post a Comment